- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Antony not to contest Lok Sabha polls: Sudheeran
Congress on Sunday scotched speculation that senior leader and Defence Minister A K Antony might contest from a Lok Sabha seat in Kerala. “Antony himself has asked me to make it clear to the media that he would not be contesting the Lok Sabha polls. He wants this to be conveyed to you since speculation is rife in a section of media that he might enter the fray this time,” Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president V M Sudheeran said.
He was briefing mediapersons after a meeting of the party’s state election committee here. Antony is now a member of the Rajya Sabha. Sudheeran said the list of party candidates for the Lok Sabha polls would be finalised next week and get the endorsement of central election committee by March 13.
He wanted party functionaries and the media to refrain from speculating on the matter till the list is finalised. Sudheeran also said AICC had directed the state unit to take stringent action against leaders and office-bearers making open statements detrimental to the interests of the party.