Congress on Sunday scotched speculation that senior leader and Defence Minister A K Antony might contest from a Lok Sabha seat in Kerala. “Antony himself has asked me to make it clear to the media that he would not be contesting the Lok Sabha polls. He wants this to be conveyed to you since speculation is rife in a section of media that he might enter the fray this time,” Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) president V M Sudheeran said.
He was briefing mediapersons after a meeting of the party’s state election committee here. Antony is now a member of the Rajya Sabha. Sudheeran said the list of party candidates for the Lok Sabha polls would be finalised next week and get the endorsement of central election committee by March 13.
He wanted party functionaries and the media to refrain from speculating on the matter till the list is finalised. Sudheeran also said AICC had directed the state unit to take stringent action against leaders and office-bearers making open statements detrimental to the interests of the party.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM