Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday hit out at Narendra Modi for his veiled attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi over the Italian marines issue, saying the BJP Prime Minister candidate was making baseless allegations.
“Modi is making baseless allegations. This itself proves that Modi is inefficient to become the Prime Minister”, he told reporters. Antony was responding to Modi’s speech at an election rally at Itanagar on Monday when he asked Sonia Gandhi to come clean on who helped the two marines get “safe passage” from the country after killing two fishermen off Kerala coast.
A secular government under the Congress-led UPA would come to power at the Centre after the polls, he said. “If the CPI(M) was sincere in their commitment againstcommunal forces, they will have to support the Front under the leadership of the Congress,” he said. Maintaining that no political party would get majority in the elections, Antony said ‘after the election several parties that are contesting against Congress will come forward to support the party to form the government”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The talk of a Third Front alternative by the CPI(M) was a closed chapter, he said, adding, Congress was still holding talks with several regional parties and specially in Telangana for an alliance. “You are going to hear some important news shortly,” he said, without elaborating. “The basic difference between Congress and CPI(M) is that Congress will correct the mistakes it had done, while CPI(M) will repeat the same mistake again and again,” he said.
To a query on the chances of he becoming the Prime Minister, Antony said “I do not have mad dreams. I know fully well my limitations’.
On CBI rejecting Kerala government’s plea to probe “the conspiracy” angle behind the politically sensitive murder case of T P Chandrasekharan in which a special court had convicted 11 accused, including three CPI-M functionaries, Antony said “CPI(M) was opposing a CBI probe because it was scared that the party’s role in the incident will come to light’.