Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday hit out at Narendra Modi for his veiled attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi over the Italian marines issue, saying the BJP Prime Minister candidate was making baseless allegations.
“Modi is making baseless allegations. This itself proves that Modi is inefficient to become the Prime Minister”, he told reporters. Antony was responding to Modi’s speech at an election rally at Itanagar on Monday when he asked Sonia Gandhi to come clean on who helped the two marines get “safe passage” from the country after killing two fishermen off Kerala coast.
A secular government under the Congress-led UPA would come to power at the Centre after the polls, he said. “If the CPI(M) was sincere in their commitment againstcommunal forces, they will have to support the Front under the leadership of the Congress,” he said. Maintaining that no political party would get majority in the elections, Antony said ‘after the election several parties that are contesting against Congress will come forward to support the party to form the government”.
The talk of a Third Front alternative by the CPI(M) was a closed chapter, he said, adding, Congress was still holding talks with several regional parties and specially in Telangana for an alliance. “You are going to hear some important news shortly,” he said, without elaborating. “The basic difference between Congress and CPI(M) is that Congress will correct the mistakes it had done, while CPI(M) will repeat the same mistake again and again,” he said.
To a query on the chances of he becoming the Prime Minister, Antony said “I do not have mad dreams. I know fully well my limitations’.
On CBI rejecting Kerala government’s plea to probe “the conspiracy” angle behind the politically sensitive murder case of T P Chandrasekharan in which a special court had convicted 11 accused, including three CPI-M functionaries, Antony said “CPI(M) was opposing a CBI probe because it was scared that the party’s role in the incident will come to light’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More