Anti-nuclear activist S P Udayakumar with his around 500 supporters today joined Aam Aadmi Party in Tamil Nadu ahead of Lok Sabha polls. “We have formally joined the AAP today,” ‘People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy’ convener Udayakumar here said.
The PMANE spearheads the more than two-year old protest against the Kundakulam Nuclear Power Plant in district
Tirunelveli. An announcement on the names of candidates contesting the polls from southern districts would be made public soon by AAP’s top leadership, he told PTI.
Asked if he would continue to be associated with PMANE, Udayakumar, against whom several cases had been registered in connection with the anti-KNPP protests, said “Of course yes..I continue to be an anti-nuclear activist. “Besides Udayakumar, M P Jesurajan and Peter Milton were among the other prominent anti-nuclear activists who joined the party.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However, Pushparayan and Mugilan, two other PMANE leaders, did not join the party. “They do not believe in party politics, they have right to their opinion and we did not force them either,” Udayakumar said.
AAP leader Prashant Bhushan had met Udayakumar recently, triggering reports about the party roping in the activist.