Joining the group of sitting Congress MLAs who have recently resigned from the assembly to join BJP, on Thursday, Congress MLA from Himmatnagar Rajendrasinh Chavda tendered his resignation to assembly speaker, Vaju Vala. Confirming his resignation, Chavda said that he did so to join BJP and to strengthen ‘the hands of Gujarat CM Narendra Modi’.
Speaking with The Indian Express, Chavda said, “I want to see Narendra Modiji as the Prime Minister of India. And to strengthen his hands, I have resigned from the assembly Thursday morning. I have personally handed over my resignation to the assembly speaker.”
Notably, the assembly has started its Budget Session, on Thursday.
Chavda’s resignation has brought down the total number of Congress MLAs in the assembly to 55. Before him, Lathi MLA Bavku Unghad, and Somnath MLA Jasa Barad have resigned from the assembly and joined BJP.
Before Unghad and Barad, Vitthal Radadiya from Dhoraji and Jayesh Radadiya from Jetpur had resigned from the assembly as Congress MLAs and joined BJP. With this, Chavda has become the fifth Congress MLA who has resigned from the 13th assembly to join BJP.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In the December 2012 assembly elections, Chavda had defeated the then State Home Minister of Gujarat, Praful Patel, by a comfortable margin.