In a setback to Congress ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, another sitting MLA of the party in Gujarat has resigned to support BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Rajendrasinh Chavda, MLA from Himmatnagar in Sabarkantha district, is the third Congress legislator to resign in the
last few weeks.
“I want to see Narendrabhai as the Prime Minister of India. That was the only reason for my resignation. Today I have submitted my resignation to the Assembly Speaker Vajubhai Vala. I will officially join BJP in one or two days,” Chavda told PTI.
“There is nothing in the Congress Party. I will move to BJP with at least 1,500 party workers,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chavda won from Himmatnagar constituency in 2012 by defeating former minister of home for state Prafull Patel. His father Ranjitsinh Chavda was a minister in the BJP government.
In December last year, the MLA was in news after hitting a pedestrian while driving a car in his constituency.
Yesterday, Somnath MLA Jasa Barad joined BJP. In the last week of January, Lathi MLA Bavku Undhad joined BJP.
With Chavda’s resignation, Congress’s strength in the house is down to 54. The resignation will necessitate a by-election.