Pune-based industrialist Abhay Firodia, who had reportedly facilitated a key meeting in June 2012 between Union minister Salman Khurshid and Anna Hazare days before Parliament was to take up the Lokpal Bill, on Saturday pitched for Narendra Modi’s as the next PM at a function held at Ralegan Siddhi, which was presided over by the anti-graft activist.
Firodia, the chairman of Force Motors, is the son of late Gandhian Navalmal Firodia, who Hazare regards as a guide and a supporter.
Firodia said only Modi could rid the country of the economic mess created by the UPA government. He said he was sure Mahatma Gandhi, were he alive, would have never supported today’s Congress under Sonia Gandhi.
Firodia was the chief guest at the inauguration of the Navalbhau Firodia Auditorium in Ralegan Siddhi. “Today, in our country, Communists believe only in protesting (morcha), socialists only indulge in talking (charcha), Congressmen are only interested in power and BJP is content in praying (pooja-archanaa). This throws up the question as to how the country will progress and how its people will have a better future. This country needs to create one lakh jobs every day. Will Congress be able to do this? Will AAP be able do this? Who will do this? I don’t support any political party. I am thinking about an individual here who can do this. I feel only a person like Narendra Modi can achieve this. This is my personal opinion,” he said.
Hazare, however, avoided the topic completely, only saying that Namalmal Firodia was his guide and supporter durssing his initial days of struggle.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016