Pune-based industrialist Abhay Firodia, who had reportedly facilitated a key meeting in June 2012 between Union minister Salman Khurshid and Anna Hazare days before Parliament was to take up the Lokpal Bill, on Saturday pitched for Narendra Modi’s as the next PM at a function held at Ralegan Siddhi, which was presided over by the anti-graft activist.
Firodia, the chairman of Force Motors, is the son of late Gandhian Navalmal Firodia, who Hazare regards as a guide and a supporter.
Firodia said only Modi could rid the country of the economic mess created by the UPA government. He said he was sure Mahatma Gandhi, were he alive, would have never supported today’s Congress under Sonia Gandhi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Firodia was the chief guest at the inauguration of the Navalbhau Firodia Auditorium in Ralegan Siddhi. “Today, in our country, Communists believe only in protesting (morcha), socialists only indulge in talking (charcha), Congressmen are only interested in power and BJP is content in praying (pooja-archanaa). This throws up the question as to how the country will progress and how its people will have a better future. This country needs to create one lakh jobs every day. Will Congress be able to do this? Will AAP be able do this? Who will do this? I don’t support any political party. I am thinking about an individual here who can do this. I feel only a person like Narendra Modi can achieve this. This is my personal opinion,” he said.
Hazare, however, avoided the topic completely, only saying that Namalmal Firodia was his guide and supporter durssing his initial days of struggle.