- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC discriminates against Samajwadi Party, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Ajit Pawar did not hold any public meeting: Police
- Police seeks EC instruction to lodge FIR against Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Won't back Third Front, will search new allies for UPA-3: Congress
- Narendra Modi accuses Congress of cheating Indian women
- Arun Jaitley
- Arvind Kejriwal
- Narendra Modi
- Nitin Gadkari
- Palaniappan Chidambaram
- Parkash Singh Badal
- Rahul Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi
- Sushma Swaraj
- Uddhav Thackeray
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Bahujan Samaj Party
- Janata Dal (United)
- Samajwadi Party
- Shiv Sena
- Trinamool Congress
- Left Parties
Anna Hazare to campaign for Trinamool Congress, party ‘proud’ of association
Social activist Anna Hazare will campaign for Trinamool Congress candidates all over India in the forthcoming parliamentary elections, according to party general secretary Mukul Roy.
Roy, who called on Hazare at his native village of Ralegan Siddhi in Ahmednagar district on Thursday, said that Hazare would have a meeting with TMC chief Mamta Banerjee in Delhi on February 18.
The former Railway minister, who met the anti-graft crusader as Mamta’s emissary, said his party was “proud” of getting Hazare’s support in a departure from his known stand of not canvassing for any political party in the elections.
“We feel proud that such a senior mass leader has hailed the leadership of Mamta Banerjee who had replied to his 17-point economic programme which is being incorporated in the party election manifesto,” he added.
Roy quoted Hazare as saying that Mamta was an “honest leader committed to root out corruption”.