Animal-rights activist and BJP MP Maneka Gandhi has declared assets, including a rifle, worth about Rs 40 crore.
A sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh’s Aonla, Maneka is contesting general elections from Pilibhit constituency. Her son Varun Gandhi represents Pilibhit in Lok Sabha.
She has declared assets worth Rs 37.41 crore – movable assets of Rs 12.46 crore and immovable assets of Rs 24.95 crore – in her self-sworn affidavit filed before Election Commission.
Maneka, chairperson of Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre here, does not have a car or any other vehicle.
As per her affidavit, Maneka Gandhi is facing a court case under section 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code (IPC), the affidavit said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A court in Pilibhit has taken cognizance of the case against Maneka Gandhi on January 3, 2011. However, Allahabad High Court has stayed trial proceedings against her on May 4 last year, it said.
57-year-old Maneka’s movable assets include Rs six crore in bank accounts, gold and silver jewellery of about Rs 1.47 crore and a licensed rifle worth about Rs 40,000, the affidavit said.
She possesses a commercial property worth Rs 6.95 crore and a residential property valued at Rs 18 crore, it said.
She has declared Rs 39,365 cash in hand.
Polling in Pilibhit is scheduled to be held on Thursday.
Varun Gandhi is contesting election from Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur constituency which will go to polls on May 7.