Animal-rights activist and BJP MP Maneka Gandhi has declared assets, including a rifle, worth about Rs 40 crore.
A sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh’s Aonla, Maneka is contesting general elections from Pilibhit constituency. Her son Varun Gandhi represents Pilibhit in Lok Sabha.
She has declared assets worth Rs 37.41 crore – movable assets of Rs 12.46 crore and immovable assets of Rs 24.95 crore – in her self-sworn affidavit filed before Election Commission.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
Maneka, chairperson of Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre here, does not have a car or any other vehicle.
As per her affidavit, Maneka Gandhi is facing a court case under section 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code (IPC), the affidavit said.
A court in Pilibhit has taken cognizance of the case against Maneka Gandhi on January 3, 2011. However, Allahabad High Court has stayed trial proceedings against her on May 4 last year, it said.
57-year-old Maneka’s movable assets include Rs six crore in bank accounts, gold and silver jewellery of about Rs 1.47 crore and a licensed rifle worth about Rs 40,000, the affidavit said.
She possesses a commercial property worth Rs 6.95 crore and a residential property valued at Rs 18 crore, it said.
She has declared Rs 39,365 cash in hand.
Polling in Pilibhit is scheduled to be held on Thursday.
Varun Gandhi is contesting election from Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur constituency which will go to polls on May 7.