Raising the poll pitch in Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday broke her silence on the attacks directed at Robert Vadra, saying the opposition has been maligning her husband with “false allegations”.
Addressing people at Rae Bareli, Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka hit out at the opponents saying her husband was being attacked for political gains. “The more they attack my family, the stronger we would emerge,” she further said.
According to reports, the Congress later backed Priyanka Gandhi, saying the BJP constantly targeted Robert Vadra without proof as part of a malicious campaign.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, talking to mediapersons, Priyanka asserted that she would stand by her husband who has repeatedly been attacked by opposition leaders over “false charges”.
She expressed her concern saying the poll campaign, which should aim towards benefit of people, is being used to make personal attacks on her family.
During her speech, Priyanka further reached out to people saying “the country accepted my mother despite the fact that she was not born in India”. She also urged people to “vote for development”, adding that Rae Bareli knows that “Sonia Gandhi works honestly”.
Reacting to Priyanka’s attack, BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi took a dig saying “it is obvious for an Indian wife to feel bad about any attack on husband”. She, however, added that people of the country were even more sad because of the misdeeds of the Congress.