Raising the poll pitch in Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday broke her silence on the attacks directed at Robert Vadra, saying the opposition has been maligning her husband with “false allegations”.
Addressing people at Rae Bareli, Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka hit out at the opponents saying her husband was being attacked for political gains. “The more they attack my family, the stronger we would emerge,” she further said.
According to reports, the Congress later backed Priyanka Gandhi, saying the BJP constantly targeted Robert Vadra without proof as part of a malicious campaign.
Later, talking to mediapersons, Priyanka asserted that she would stand by her husband who has repeatedly been attacked by opposition leaders over “false charges”.
She expressed her concern saying the poll campaign, which should aim towards benefit of people, is being used to make personal attacks on her family.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
During her speech, Priyanka further reached out to people saying “the country accepted my mother despite the fact that she was not born in India”. She also urged people to “vote for development”, adding that Rae Bareli knows that “Sonia Gandhi works honestly”.
Reacting to Priyanka’s attack, BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi took a dig saying “it is obvious for an Indian wife to feel bad about any attack on husband”. She, however, added that people of the country were even more sad because of the misdeeds of the Congress.