A public notice issued in a couple of local dailies in Hyderabad about a new political party to be registered as Samaikya Praja Vani (United People’s Voice) has given a fillip to talk that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is launching his own party in the state.
The notice issued on Wednesday inviting objections to the registration of Samaikya Praja Vani named the party’s president/ chairman as K R Reddy, general secretary/ secretary as C Anil Kumar Reddy and treasurer as G Venkata Rama Reddy. The proposed party, with its office in Panjagutta, has applied to the Election Commission of India for its registration as a political party under 29A of the Representation of People Act, 1951.
There are reports in Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema that the CM and his supporters, including several ministers, are planning to launch their own party ahead of the general elections and contest on the “United Andhra” plank. During Pongal festival, anonymous posters of “Jai Samaikya Andhra” (United Andhra) came up in Coastal Andhra districts stating “United Andhra is our policy, Jai Samaikya Andhra is our slogan”. As the CM has often raised this slogan, it prompted reports that it was his proposed party which put up the banners and posters.
Ever since the Congress Working Committee (CWC) passed a resolution on Telangana, the CM has opposed the party leadership, criticising it and even calling the decision to bifurcate the state a big mistake.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to reports, the CM is planning to give a marathon speech on the perils of dividing the state in the Assembly which is in session, force a vote and defeat the AP Reorganisation Bill to send a message to the Centre and the Congress high command. After that, he is likely to take a call on launching a new party.
Meanwhile, Congress sources said Vijayawada MP Lagadapati Rajagopal could be behind the Samaikya Praja Vani. The CM has so far denied any plans to launch a new party, but maintained that the match is not over till the last ball is bowled.
Earlier, actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi also registered his Praja Rajyam Party discreetly with an anonymous public notice. Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy also followed a similar procedure before launching his Y S R Congress Party.