Anandi Patel elected as BJP first woman assembly leader, soon after Prime Minister elect Narendra Modi resigned as Chief Minister of Gujarat.
In a function held at Town Hall here Law Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma proposed name of this Modi’ s closest aid. Several hundred BJP members, including MLAs, accepted the proposal in presence of Modi. She will soon go to governor house to stake claim of Chief Ministership.
Equal number of supporters were outside that celebrated with fire crackers. 74 year Anandi is Leuva Patel married to Kadva Patel Mafatlal. After representing Rajya Sabha term from 1994, she was for the first time elected as MLA from Mandal in 1998 and became education and women and child welfare minister in the Keshubhai Patel goverment. 2002 and 2007 elections she contested from Patan and 2012 from Ghatlodia.
Since 2007 she has been handling revenue department, and from last term urban development too.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More