Anandi Patel elected as BJP first woman assembly leader, soon after Prime Minister elect Narendra Modi resigned as Chief Minister of Gujarat.
In a function held at Town Hall here Law Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma proposed name of this Modi’ s closest aid. Several hundred BJP members, including MLAs, accepted the proposal in presence of Modi. She will soon go to governor house to stake claim of Chief Ministership.
Equal number of supporters were outside that celebrated with fire crackers. 74 year Anandi is Leuva Patel married to Kadva Patel Mafatlal. After representing Rajya Sabha term from 1994, she was for the first time elected as MLA from Mandal in 1998 and became education and women and child welfare minister in the Keshubhai Patel goverment. 2002 and 2007 elections she contested from Patan and 2012 from Ghatlodia.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
Since 2007 she has been handling revenue department, and from last term urban development too.