Anandiben Patel and Amit Shah both by his side, Narendra Modi praised the latter in his farewell address to his assembly constituency Tuesday.
“Our Amitbhai has won more seats in UP than the Congress did after contesting in 30 states,” Modi said at a function in Maninagar. “This is a fine example of what a Gujarati can do, no matter where he goes.” As Modi praised his former minister of state for home, the crowd too rooted for Shah, chanting, “CM, CM, CM.”
At the Ahmedabad airport when Modi arrived from Delhi with Shah, Anandiben was there to welcome him but was not seen speaking to Shah. On the stage, Modi did not interact with Anandiben; she was among the last leaders to leave the podium.
In an emotional speech, Modi thanked the people of his constituency and said, “I have been given a new responsibility and so I have come here to bid farewell and seek your blessings… I will soon resign as the MLA of Maninagar, but none of the work will halt. I will also try to ensure a better representative for Maninagar.”
He recalled his early days in Maninagar when he would roam around the Kankaria on a scooter or sip tea at Jawahar Chowk. “Maninagar is an example of how the development mantra can bring about a change in daily lives,” he said. He suggested that the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation draw up a celebration plan for Maninagar’s centenary in 2015. After the speech, Modi greeted senior BJP leaders including former MP Harin Pathak, who had campaigned in Varanasi.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest