K Chandrasekhar Rao, Chief Minister of Telangana, certainly has ambitious plans for his six-week old state — hosting 2024 Olympics in Hyderabad, reclaiming thousands of acres in the city from illegal occupants, reopening old Begumpet airport and metro circling the capital among others.
Resource is not an issue as his daughter and TRS MP K Kavitha says the state has enough in its kitty to even implement the ruling TRS’ promise of crop loan waiver.
Since becoming Chief Minister, KCR, along with his confidant Keshava Rao, the Chief Secretary and a Cabinet Minister, has been reviewing all schemes and programmes pertaining to different ministries. “My father always had grand plans,” says Kavitha.
While she is “thankful” to Congress president Sonia Gandhi without whom “Telangana wouldn’t have happened”, the new Nizamabad MP asserts that the TRS would remain “neutral” at the Centre and will take its stance depending on issues.
For instance, the TRS was not opposed to the appointment of Nripendra Mishra as Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, but had strong reservations against TRAI (Amendment) Bill, which was passed by Parliament this week. “We are in principle opposed to the ordinance route. You have been elected to take decisions in the House; you can’t issue ordinances just before a Parliament session.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Engineer-turned-social activist-turned-politician Kavitha is confident that Hyderabad will be able to host the Olympics 10 years later.
“Why not? The Chief Minister has already started working on it. Hyderabad has a good climate. The government is planning to destress the city and create the required infrastructure,” she says.
The TRS government’s focus currently is to acquire “about 30,000 acre” of Bhoodan land in and around Hyderabad, which, Kavitha alleges, had been gifted away to realtors and industrialists “from Seemandhara” by the AP Bhoodan Board.
Asked about RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan’s reported stand that a state wishing to waive farmers’ loans will have to reimburse banks in cash and not through issue of bonds, KCR’s daughter says, “The RBI always has issues. On August 1 we will know how much we have in our kitty. As per the estimates, the loan waiver will be to the tune of Rs 15,000 to 17,000 crore.”