Congress candidate Ajay Rai, who is pitted against Narendra Modi, on Sunday termed the allegation of illegal gun trade against him by BJP leader Amit Shah as a “conspiracy” to malign his image and said he will quit active politics if the charge is proved true.
“Charges levelled against me should be thoroughly investigated and if they are found true, I am ready to face any action. I will even quit active politics,” Rai told reporters here, and threatened to move the Election Commission against the BJP.
“However, if the charges are found false then those who have levelled these allegations must retire from active politics,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rai is contesting Lok Sabha election against BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal from the temple town here.
He said that these charges were first levelled against him when he was a minister in BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and Atal Bihari Vajpaye was the prime minister.
“Why BJP did not initiate a probe against me when they were in power,” he asked.
Rai said he will take this matter to the Election Commission and will lodge a complaint.
“BJP is scared by me because of the local public support that I had got here… so to malign my image, they conspired
to level this charge,” Rai said.
He also said that BJP and Apna Dal coalition will not yield any result in UP.