Congress candidate Ajay Rai, who is pitted against Narendra Modi, on Sunday termed the allegation of illegal gun trade against him by BJP leader Amit Shah as a “conspiracy” to malign his image and said he will quit active politics if the charge is proved true.
“Charges levelled against me should be thoroughly investigated and if they are found true, I am ready to face any action. I will even quit active politics,” Rai told reporters here, and threatened to move the Election Commission against the BJP.
“However, if the charges are found false then those who have levelled these allegations must retire from active politics,” he added.
Rai is contesting Lok Sabha election against BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal from the temple town here.
He said that these charges were first levelled against him when he was a minister in BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and Atal Bihari Vajpaye was the prime minister.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Why BJP did not initiate a probe against me when they were in power,” he asked.
Rai said he will take this matter to the Election Commission and will lodge a complaint.
“BJP is scared by me because of the local public support that I had got here… so to malign my image, they conspired
to level this charge,” Rai said.
He also said that BJP and Apna Dal coalition will not yield any result in UP.