BJP national president Amit Shah, who is visiting Mumbai on Thursday, will meet Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
While the BJP and the Shiv Sena had both confirmed earlier that no such meeting was on Shah’s agenda, Uddhav is learnt to have taken the initiative to invite Shah and expressed his desire for a meeting.
Following this, the BJP president gave the nod, and the two would meet at 9.30pm Thursday. Before that Shah will visit late Bal Thackeray’s memorial at Shivaji Park.
The meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of the ongoing seat-sharing talks, with both sides engaged in hard bargaining.
BJP leaders confirmed that Shah’s Mumbai visit was to address party workers and visit Ganesh mandals only, but after Uddhav personally called him up and requested to meet, the party chief gave his consent.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review