BJP national president Amit Shah, who is visiting Mumbai on Thursday, will meet Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
While the BJP and the Shiv Sena had both confirmed earlier that no such meeting was on Shah’s agenda, Uddhav is learnt to have taken the initiative to invite Shah and expressed his desire for a meeting.
Following this, the BJP president gave the nod, and the two would meet at 9.30pm Thursday. Before that Shah will visit late Bal Thackeray’s memorial at Shivaji Park.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of the ongoing seat-sharing talks, with both sides engaged in hard bargaining.
BJP leaders confirmed that Shah’s Mumbai visit was to address party workers and visit Ganesh mandals only, but after Uddhav personally called him up and requested to meet, the party chief gave his consent.