Narendra Modi’s electioneering blitzkrieg is all set to take off in the holy city with the inauguration of a “swanky” election office on Tuesday and BJP leaders say they are aiming for an “unprecedented victory margin”.
“BJP general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah would be here on Tuesday, April 1 to inaugurate Modi’s election office in the city’s Sigra locality,” the party’s media in-charge for ‘Kashi Prant’ unit Sanjay Bharadwaj told PTI here.
The unit comprises Varanasi, from where Modi is contesting, as well as a number of other districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh like Chandauli, Jaunpur, Ghazipur, Sant Ravidas Nagar and Sultanpur. Bharadwaj said “our aim is to ensure that Modi wins from Varanasi with an unprecedented margin. His victory is a given. “But our endeavour is to see to it that he defeats his nearest rival, whoever he or she is, by no less than a margin of five lakh votes.”
He said Shah will be coming to the city to “bless us and guide us”. Ashah, a close Modi aide and former Gujarat Home minister, is likely to formally address a press conference, a rarity since he was made the UP in-charge by BJP.
Bharadwaj asserted that Modi’s decision to fight from Varanasi has “galvanised voters in favour of the BJP across the entire Poorvanchal region which is home to about 14 Lok Sabha seats. We hope to win at least 10 of these but would not be surprised if we end up bagging all of these”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Poorvanchal has been an impoverished region where people have been exploited by political parties and leaders who believe in playing the caste card, he said. “Modi’s arrival in the region heralds a new beginning wherein people from all castes would come out in large numbers to vote in the name of development,” Bharadwaj added.