BJP leader Amit Shah on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court challenging the FIRs lodged against him by the UP government for alleged hate speeches made by him at election meetings in Bijnore and Shamli districts.
A division bench comprising justices Arun Tandon and Satish Chandra posted the matter for tomorrow while directing the state government to submit CDs of the speeches delivered by Shah at these two places.
Shah, who is the party’s in-charge for UP and a close aide of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, has been booked under Section 153 A of IPC (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion” and Section 125 of Representation of People Act (promoting enmity between classes in connection with election).
In the speeches delivered over the last weekend, Shah had allegedly exhorted members of the Jat community to “avenge” the killings of their caste brethren in the Muzaffarnagar communal violence by voting for the BJP.
Shah has sought a stay on his arrest in this connection besides quashing of the FIRs.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016