Lauding Amit Shah’s efforts for victory of the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday called him the “man of the match”.
“After the elections this is the first National Council meeting. Crores of party workers have worked for this victory,” Modi said at the BJP National Council meet here.
He said, “Rajnath Singh was captain of the team, under his captainship, party workers achieved the victory and man of the match is Amitbhai Shah.”
PM said that he knew Amit Shah very well and was confident that BJP will succeed under its new president.
“I have known Amitbhai from close quarters. Whatever the responsibility party has given him he would fulfill it. I am sure he will fulfill his responsibilities both towards the party as well as towards the country.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Talking about Lok Sabha elections, Modi said “poll pundits had given us no chance. But people had performed their duty, now it is our turn. We will adequately fulfill the aspirations of people.”
Shah was appointed as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post soon after joining the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Though BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum of the party, approved Shah’s appointment, the move had to be ratified by the party’s National Council, as per the BJP’s constitution.
The National Council was attended by senior party leaders from all over the country.