A day after the Election Commission issued notice to party general secretary in-charge Amit Shah over his “revenge” remark, the BJP Tuesday swung into action to defend its UP in-charge. The saffron party claimed that the CD concerned was doctored by the state’s SP-led government and asked the commission to “reconsider” its notice to Shah.
“The transcript contains certain unwarranted insertions, apparently introduced by the field administration in UP. The unwarranted insertion of the words ‘ka badla’ is apparently motivated by the inordinate desire of the field administration in UP working under the Samajwadi Party government to put non-existent words such as badla (revenge) in the mouth of Shri Amit Shah and castigate him,” BJP Rajya Sabha MP and party’s election cell in-charge R Ramakrishna’s letter, sent to the commission Tuesday, said.
The letter claimed that the whole context of Shah’s speech exhorted the electorate to “resort to ballot box” and “not to retaliation”.
“Besides serious evidence of doctoring, the transcript shows that the administration is deliberately keeping back the full text of the speeches, such that the Hon’ble Commission and the court may not keep the whole context in view. Any extract of a speech, as contrasted with a full text, can be tailored to give a flawed reading rather than an objective reading. We would as such request the commission to furnish a full unabridged text of the spee-ches,” the BJP letter said. The BJP demanded that the commission “reconsider” its notice to Shah or issue a fresh notice in the wake of alleged doctoring of the CDs of his speeches.
In a separate letter, the BJP has requested the commission to withdraw the reported orders of the Shamli district administration that has asked the police to arrest and detain voters against whom arrest warrants are pending in the Muzaffarnagar riots.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016