- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Amid talks of leadership change in BJP, Rajnath Singh meets Sangh leaders
Amid talk of leadership change in the BJP after government formation, party president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and other top Sangh leaders. Rajnath, who is now the Home Minister, spent some time with Bhagwat and discussed who will take over from him as the BJP chief and other changes in the party after government formation.
The names of party general secretaries JP Nadda, Amit Shah and Arun Mathur are doing the rounds for replacing Rajnath as BJP president, with Nadda currently said to be leading the race. After meeting with Bhagwat, Rajnath met the Prime Minister and shared the discussion held with RSS leaders with Narendra Modi.
RSS pointsman for BJP Suresh Soni was also present during the discussion between Bhagwat and Rajanth. Rajnath is expected to step down from the post of party president as he is now part of the BJP-led NDA Government. The BJP is likely to see a lot of changes in the party as most of its leaders have joined the government.