As part of meetings to discuss the BJP’s post-poll strategy, party President Rajnath Singh on Thursday met RSS leader Suresh Soni.
Sources said the party is considering drastic changes in the organisation in the wake of its possible government formation. Besides revamp of the party, Rajnath and Soni, who is RSS pointsman for BJP, discussed the political situation that islikely to emerge after tomorrow’s results and roping in of some more allies.
BJP has already made it clear that its doors are open for any party supporting its agenda. The meeting at Rajnath’s residence was also attended by BJP leaders taking care of the organisation including party’s organisational general secretary Ramlal.
The meeting comes close on the heels of Rajnath’s meeting with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad on Wednesday where other senior leaders Arun Jaitley and former party chief Nitin Gadkari were also present.
While the BJP top brass is working out roles for party veterans including L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi in the next government, it is also working on changes within the party that includes the change of guard steering the party.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources said in case Rajnath is given a ministerial berth, then the reins of the party will be handed over to someone else and the name of Gadkari is doing the rounds. The meeting comes ahead of counting of votes tomorrow in which BJP and NDA are projected to win a majority by various exit polls.