- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Amid talks of drastic change in BJP, Rajnath meets RSS leader Soni to discuss post-poll strategy
As part of meetings to discuss the BJP’s post-poll strategy, party President Rajnath Singh on Thursday met RSS leader Suresh Soni.
Sources said the party is considering drastic changes in the organisation in the wake of its possible government formation. Besides revamp of the party, Rajnath and Soni, who is RSS pointsman for BJP, discussed the political situation that islikely to emerge after tomorrow’s results and roping in of some more allies.
BJP has already made it clear that its doors are open for any party supporting its agenda. The meeting at Rajnath’s residence was also attended by BJP leaders taking care of the organisation including party’s organisational general secretary Ramlal.
The meeting comes close on the heels of Rajnath’s meeting with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad on Wednesday where other senior leaders Arun Jaitley and former party chief Nitin Gadkari were also present.
While the BJP top brass is working out roles for party veterans including L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi in the next government, it is also working on changes within the party that includes the change of guard steering the party.
Sources said in case Rajnath is given a ministerial berth, then the reins of the party will be handed over to someone else and the name of Gadkari is doing the rounds. The meeting comes ahead of counting of votes tomorrow in which BJP and NDA are projected to win a majority by various exit polls.