As part of meetings to discuss the BJP’s post-poll strategy, party President Rajnath Singh on Thursday met RSS leader Suresh Soni.
Sources said the party is considering drastic changes in the organisation in the wake of its possible government formation. Besides revamp of the party, Rajnath and Soni, who is RSS pointsman for BJP, discussed the political situation that islikely to emerge after tomorrow’s results and roping in of some more allies.
BJP has already made it clear that its doors are open for any party supporting its agenda. The meeting at Rajnath’s residence was also attended by BJP leaders taking care of the organisation including party’s organisational general secretary Ramlal.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The meeting comes close on the heels of Rajnath’s meeting with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad on Wednesday where other senior leaders Arun Jaitley and former party chief Nitin Gadkari were also present.
While the BJP top brass is working out roles for party veterans including L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi in the next government, it is also working on changes within the party that includes the change of guard steering the party.
Sources said in case Rajnath is given a ministerial berth, then the reins of the party will be handed over to someone else and the name of Gadkari is doing the rounds. The meeting comes ahead of counting of votes tomorrow in which BJP and NDA are projected to win a majority by various exit polls.