- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Amethi will never forgive Narendra Modi for insulting my ‘martyred’ father: Priyanka Gandhi
Priyanka Gandhi hit out at Narendra Modi saying he has insulted her “martyred” father Rajiv Gandhi during his speech in Amethi and accused the BJP prime ministerial candidate of indulging in “low-level” politics.
Priyanka said, “They have insulted my martyred father on the soil of Amethi. People of Amethi will never forgive them for this act. Workers in Amethi will reply to their low-level politics. There will be reply from each of the booths.”
Earlier during an election rally in support of BJP candidate Smriti Irani, Modi accused Congress of practicing politics of “arrogance” and said Rajiv Gandhi, when he was Congress General Secretary, had once publicly “abused” and “humiliated” the then Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister T Anjaiah at an airport. Anjaiah was chief minister between 1980 and 1982.