Amethi will never forgive Narendra Modi for insulting my ‘martyred’ father: Priyanka Gandhi

"They have insulted my martyred father on the soil of Amethi. People of Amethi will never forgive them for this act."

By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Updated: May 5, 2014 8:43 pm

Priyanka Gandhi hit out at Narendra Modi saying he has insulted her “martyred” father Rajiv Gandhi during his speech in Amethi and accused the BJP prime ministerial candidate of indulging in “low-level” politics.

Priyanka said, “They have insulted my martyred father on the soil of Amethi. People of Amethi will never forgive them for this act. Workers in Amethi will reply to their low-level politics. There will be reply from each of the booths.”

Earlier during an election rally in support of BJP candidate Smriti Irani, Modi accused Congress of practicing politics of “arrogance” and said Rajiv Gandhi, when he was Congress General Secretary, had once publicly “abused” and “humiliated” the then Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister T Anjaiah at an airport. Anjaiah was chief minister between 1980 and 1982.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

Arpit
    May 5, 2014 at 3:23 pm
    stop asking votes in the name of ur parents and g parents.... gv us ur report card.. what have u done for the country.... only comes out in election season on sarree and then disappear....
      Abhishek Bose
      May 5, 2014 at 4:07 pm
      My husband, my brother, my mother, my gmother, my whatever .... this is all they dream, think and say ... biggest ber was to allow their family to take over the PM post in 1947
      1. G
        Guest
        May 6, 2014 at 4:31 am
        Your father and your italian mother are responsible for the genocide of tamils in Sri lanka.
          Deepak
          May 6, 2014 at 3:16 am
          For god's sake stop this emotional blackmailing!stop fooling people of Amethi! You get the publicity not because of your achievements but only because you are dynasty's daughter!My father,my g mother, my mother,my brother...for how many years you will exploit?You visit for 15 days maximum once in five years ..that is what you are doing.We sincerely hope there will be a change! Change we want! Change we need!
            K.Jayaraman
            May 6, 2014 at 3:22 am
            Mr Modi told only the truth. Mr Rajiv insulted the then AP Chief minister. He did not speak any thing bad of Mr Rajiv. .Amethi voters should wake up and give a ing reply to this arrogant family. This family should be politically isolated
              suurinder
              May 7, 2014 at 6:18 am
              Dont insult millions who gave their lives for freedom, Rajeev hi did not die fighting for liberation , he died trying to become a king of a nation and with his so called education of a Glorified Driver ( pilot)
              1. N
                Namo Narayana
                May 5, 2014 at 3:02 pm
                I think they won't mind. We don't care about your father or your family history, actually !
                  Raviforjustice Raviforjustice
                  May 6, 2014 at 5:13 am
                  The so called Indian National Congress, within 50 years of driving out the britons through the sacrifices and martydom of lakhs and millions, handed over the reigns of power to Mafiosi from italy!
                    Krishna
                    May 5, 2014 at 3:51 pm
                    People use words so loosely.
                      Kumar
                      May 6, 2014 at 3:47 am
                      hi family is requested to kindly take a break from politics and india if they love india. Please, in the service of the nation.
                        Shivram Patra
                        May 6, 2014 at 10:41 am
                        she want to be discuss about her husband income and growth, in very few time he earn that much .......