Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said that the relationship of Rahul Gandhi with Amethi is “nominal” and it remains one of the most backward constituencies in the country.
“Despite having been a family stronghold for decades, the relationship of Rahul Gandhi with Amethi is nominal and it remains one of the most backward constituencies,” Jaitley said in his blog.
Expressing his views about Amethi, he said, “Infrastructure in Amethi is inadequate. It is a constituency where internal roads are not the object of envy. Many industrial units are sick. It is a constituency of people living in inadequate houses.”
Jaitley said that his party is determined to put up a fight in Amethi.
“The tragedy of Amethi is that the voters were never presented with an alternative option. The BJP is determined to put up a fight for Amethi.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
On BJP’s nominee from Amethi Smriti Irani, he said, “Smriti Irani is a formidable candidate. Whenever her vehicle reaches any village it is greeted with loud cheers for her, the BJP and Modi.”
Saying that there was a strong anti-incumbency against sitting MP Rahul Gandhi, the BJP leader said that, “Tokenism is never a substitute for substantive performance in a constituency. Family ties are not the alternative to improvement in the quality of life of the electorate.”
However, he did not deny that Aam Aadmi Party can divide the votes.
“We must convince the electorate that a vote for AAP will only divide the anti-incumbency. Let Amethi be an electoral battle right till the last vote is cast,” he said.