Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen recently sparked a controversy by saying that he did not want to see Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) poll panel chief and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of the country.
Hitting out at the Bharatiya Janata Party strongman Narendra Modi,Amartya Sen had said that India’s Prime Minister could not be someone who generates fear in a large minority population. “As an Indian citizen I don’t want (Narendra) Modi as my PM. He has not done enough to make minorities feel safe…He could have first of all been more secular and he could have made the minority community feel more secure,” said Amartya Sen.
Reacting to the sharp words of the Nobel Laureate,BJP MP Chandan Mitra had demanded that Amartya Sen must be stripped of his Bharat Ratna.
Mitra had posted a tweet saying,”Amartya Sen says he doesn’t want Modi to be India’s PM. Is Sen even a voter in India? Next NDA government must strip him of Bharat Ratna.”
“Please Dr Sen,don’t peddle your unsolicited comments on India. We now know you as a has-been economist who sells Congress line for a living,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Though the Bharatiya Janata Party appeared to distance itself from the statement of party MP Chandan Mitra,it did say that Amartya Sen “must not become a tool in the hands of Congress”.
The attack,however,did not appear to go down well with the Nobel Laureate,who hit back saying he was ready to return the Bharat Ratna if asked to do so by former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.