Congress leader and Amritsar candidate Amarinder Singh asked his BJP rival Arun Jaitley to come clean on his alleged defence to Dow Jones against Bhopal gas tragedy victims over denial of compensation.
Amarinder, in a statement, asked Jaitley whether it was not a fact that the latter gave legal opinion to the US company in December 2006, in a case related to demand for compensation to victims of the tragedy.
Dow Jones, after acquiring Union Carbide, the gas leak from whose pesticide plant in Bhopal killed thousands of people and rendered thousands more incapacitated in December 1984, refused to pay any compensation to the victims saying it did not inherit any liability, he said.
The Congress leader said it was shocking that Jaitley who was a senior BJP leader, instead of using his legal expertise and influence in support of the victims, took the side of the company.
“Don’t you think that besides being a lawyer, you also owe a moral responsibility towards the victims?” he asked Jaitley, adding, “If you could not support them, at least you should not have opposed them.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The former Punjab Chief Minister asked Jaitley whether his conscience pricks him for taking up a case against the people,for whom everyone in India are sympathetic.
“At least don’t you own an apology to the Bhopal Gas tragedy victims?” he asked Jaitley, adding, “Or will you hide behind your characteristic denial mode?”