After his alleged hate speeches, senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan Friday said Sanjay Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi were punished by Allah for “forcible” sterilization during the Emergency and ‘shilanyas’ at the disputed site in Ayodhya.
“Rajiv Gandhi had ordered opening of the gates of Babri Masjid while Sanjay Gandhi carried out vasectomy programme forcefully and both got punishment from Allah (God),” Khan told election rallies here.
Sanjay Gandhi died in an air crash in Delhi in 1980 while Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated near Chennai on May 21, 1991.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Taking a jibe at BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi acknowledgement of his marriage, he said “the person who could not be with his wife how can he be with the country”.
Khan said division of Muslim votes will be “fatal” for the minority community.
“If your votes get divided, it will be fatal for you. This election is not just an election but a war which we have to win against fascist forces,” he said.