Though Harsimrat Kaur Badal- daughter-in-law of CM Parkash Singh Badal and even her brother –in-law and rival candidate Manpreet Singh Badal were equally confident to win the `prestigious’ Bathinda Parliamentary seat, but not much activity was seen outside the houses of CM and even Manpreet a day before the Lok Sabha elections.
It was more or less all quiet as CM Parkash Singh Badal who was in his house till early morning had left for Chadigarh while Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal was also away.
Harsimrat however was busy in her meditation session in Fatehgarh Sahib. Harsimrat preferred not to attend phone calls as well the whole day while Manpreet was seen meeting his workers at his residence before noon. Manpreet while talking to The Indian Express said,” I have fought 5 elections before, but this one is the most important for me and I am the most positive.
I am rather eager to see the results. “ And when asked as whether he was too sure of his victory, he in a diplomatic way answered,” I got the maximum response in this election from all across the parliamentary constituency and hence I am sure a good news will prevail upon by tomorrow afternoon.” He added,” Akalis tried to buy votes, they offered Rs 500 for a vote, they tried to intimidate our polling agents and what not on poll day, but it did not work and the results will show the truth.”
Though Harsimrat was in meditation session the whole day on Thursday, but her kids were back home in Badal village. On Friday, her younger daughter Gurleen Kaur’s birthday while elder daughter Harkirat will be turning 19 on May 17. So the daughters too were praying for their mom and wanted their birthday to be special for her.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Manpreet who was at his residence in Badal village before noon, had however gone to Rajasthan along with his father Gurdas Badal to see his farm land however the workers were expecting him to be back by late evening. A few vehicles were seen parked outside his house which indicated that workers were inside and waiting for him to be back.
While Workers kept on trickling in and out at Badal Mansion the whole day but their frequency increased after 5.30 P.M as it was indicated that CM and deputy CM will be back by evening. Chief Minister however after attending a private function in Chandigarh was seen in Fazilka villages late in the afternoon and by late evening he was in Muktsar to see the ongoing project to check water logging problem in this area.
CM Parkash Singh Badal was having no doubt of his daughter-in-law’s victory in Bathinda and he said,” it will be by over 2 lakh margin and we will be winning all the seats in Punjab.” And at Muktsar he even said,”this will be the worst ever election for Congress and in Punjab we are confident. People have voted for Narendra Modi.”
Harsimrat though was not available for her comments on Thursday, but earlier she too in a confident mode had stated that it was her easiest election as she had said,” there was no competition before me, so it was rather easy for me to campaign. I am rather thankful for PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa for fielding a `weak’ candidate before me.”
Brushing aside the opinion polls, even Sukhbir was equally confident of winning 10 seats atleast as according to him only one opinion poll was working the best in Punjab and it was `Sukhbir opinion poll’.
Preparation at Dogra sweet shop:
While both the candidates were equally confident about their victory, Dogra sweet shop owner- Rajesh Dogra was busy making laddoos in quintals for which work had started 4-5 days back. Dogra was tight lipped as he simply said,” I will sell my ladoos to whosover wins. “ Normally his ladoos have been seen going in CM’s house.