Unable to have allies in several states, Congress on Thursday put up a brave front saying that it has kept its options open to all like-minded parties including Trinamool Congress after the Lok Sabha elections.
“All options which are secular, non-communal and not against the Congress philosophy are open. Such relations are not based on when A or B has left or someone has attended someone’s rally or not,” party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He said, “Don’t judge our present or future alliances with reference to who shares whose platform. In general perception, all pre-election and post-elections options are open within parameters of Congress ideology and within boundaries of Congress philosophy.”
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
His remarks came in reply to a question whether Congress alliance with Trinamool Congress was still open after Mamata Banerjee’s disappointing rally in Delhi where Anna Hazare failed to turn up at the last moment.
Party leaders, however, say in private that there is no possibility of any pre-poll alliance with TMC which could be a post-poll ally.
With the appointment of Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary as the new West Bengal PCC Chief, Congress has given a clear signal against any pre-poll alliance as the Union minister is a known Mamata baiter.