- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri meets Chidambaram
Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri met Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the airport here on Friday, but refused to clarify what they discussed.
“We have been in the government for nine years. We discussed a lot of things (of common interest),” he told reporters after the meeting, without elaborating.
Ever since his suspension and dismissal from the party, Alagiri has been meeting leaders from parties in the NDA and Congress.
While Alagiri returned here from Chennai, Chidambaram was here en route to Sivaganga to campaign for his son Karti.
Alagiri had yesterday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi in Chennai, setting off speculation on the purpose of the meeting as their supporters have been sidelined in selection of candidates for the LS polls, while Stalin’s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
The DMK had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri, son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, for refusing to abide by the party discipline.