Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri met Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the airport here on Friday, but refused to clarify what they discussed.
“We have been in the government for nine years. We discussed a lot of things (of common interest),” he told reporters after the meeting, without elaborating.
Ever since his suspension and dismissal from the party, Alagiri has been meeting leaders from parties in the NDA and Congress.
While Alagiri returned here from Chennai, Chidambaram was here en route to Sivaganga to campaign for his son Karti.
Alagiri had yesterday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi in Chennai, setting off speculation on the purpose of the meeting as their supporters have been sidelined in selection of candidates for the LS polls, while Stalin’s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The DMK had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri, son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, for refusing to abide by the party discipline.