Coming from the ‘first family’ of Uttar Pradesh politics has not always been a cakewalk for Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s wife Dimple, who is trying to shed the dynasty politics product tag and is banking on her “personal” rapport for a win in this seat in tomorrow’s poll.
The electoral debut of the daughter-in-law of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was unsuccessful when she lost the by-election for Firozabad in 2009 against actor-turned politician Raj Babbar. She was then elected unopposed from to the Lok Sabha in 2012, after her husband vacated the seat to enter the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
On allegations faced by the Yadavs of promoting dynasty politics, she said that being from a political family doesn’t mean that one can escape without performing.
“It is not only about SP, it is in every party. I agree that you get a proper base if you come from a political family but after that you have to put in your own efforts and hard work to take it forward. “You have to perform to sustain and there is an added pressure as people expect more from you and you are under constant supervision,” 36-year-old Dimple said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This time she is pitted against Nirmal Tiwari of BSP,Imran Bin Zafar of AAP and BJP’s Subrat Pathak but is confident that she will prevail.
“I am very positive about the election this time as we have provided actual development here which is lacking in BJP- ruled states. Development is the issue and we have given it while Modiji is only talking about it,” Dimple said.
“The so-called Modi wave is nothing but a marketinggimmick. Our voters are intact with us as we have worked here for last 10 years and I am very positive about it. As far as Kannauj, the city of fragrance, is concerned, we are making beneficial policies for perfume workers. We have built medical, engineering, polytechnic colleges apart from three stadiums,” she said.