- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Akhilesh Yadav calls Modi ‘biggest liar’, hits back over chest remark
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today hit back at Narendra Modi for the “56-inch chest” remark alluding to his father and SP supremo Mulayam Singh, saying the BJP prime ministerial candidate is the “biggest liar” with a “56-inch belly”.
“He is the biggest liar in the world. His campaign is based on lies.. he does not have a 56-inch chest but a 56-inch belly,” Yadav said while addressing an election rally at Kaiserganj.
“In politics what is needed is a big heart not a big chest,” he added.
Modi while addressing a rally in Gorakhpur on January 23 had said, “Netaji (Mulayam), do you know the meaning of converting UP to Gujarat? It means 24-hour electricity in every village and street. You cannot do it. It requires 56-inch chest”.
Yadav said that the Gujarat model propagated and highlighted by Modi was “nothing but a lie”, adding that “its a model of dividing India by RSS, VHP and Bajrang Dal”.
Attacking BSP, Yadav said that previous government had spent thousands of crores in construction of parks and memorials and left losses to the tune of Rs 35 thousand crores to the state exchequer.
“I used to call her ‘buaji’ (paternal aunty). When people older than me call her behenji, I call her buaji”, he said.
Yadav reiterated that Third Front will form the next government at the Centre and Mulayam Singh Yadav will lead it.