At his maiden rally in Gujarat in Patan district on Monday, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav blamed “some people” from the state for creating Muzaffarnagar riots. Hinting at Amit Shah, he said, “Some people from here (Gujarat) came to UP and tried to create riots and insult us. But UP has decided that we will stay united and fight these forces. Varanasi will vote for secular people… and it has already proved this by voting in huge numbers in the first phase.” BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi is contesting from Varanasi, besides Vadodara, which goes to polls on May 11.
“Humne Gujarat main sirf shuruat ki hai, hum apna khaata kholne aaye hain (We have just begun in Gujarat and have come to open our account here)”, said Yadav, pitching for a Third Front-led government at the Centre, with his father Mulayam Singh Yadav having a bigger role in it.
“The Third Front is ready in states like Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Orissa and Bihar as these regional parties will win maximum votes. If there is any one party which is running according to a secular outlook, it is SP,” he said.
Calling Modi an “RSS-backed PM candidate”, Yadav said a BJP government at the Centre would spoil India’s relations with neighbours.
Asked about the speculation of the BJP gaining in UP, he told reporters that “it was the SP who had once stopped the BJP’s march in UP and it will happen again”. “People of UP will stop him (Modi) from becoming PM,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More