At his maiden rally in Gujarat in Patan district on Monday, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav blamed “some people” from the state for creating Muzaffarnagar riots. Hinting at Amit Shah, he said, “Some people from here (Gujarat) came to UP and tried to create riots and insult us. But UP has decided that we will stay united and fight these forces. Varanasi will vote for secular people… and it has already proved this by voting in huge numbers in the first phase.” BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi is contesting from Varanasi, besides Vadodara, which goes to polls on May 11.
“Humne Gujarat main sirf shuruat ki hai, hum apna khaata kholne aaye hain (We have just begun in Gujarat and have come to open our account here)”, said Yadav, pitching for a Third Front-led government at the Centre, with his father Mulayam Singh Yadav having a bigger role in it.
“The Third Front is ready in states like Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Orissa and Bihar as these regional parties will win maximum votes. If there is any one party which is running according to a secular outlook, it is SP,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Calling Modi an “RSS-backed PM candidate”, Yadav said a BJP government at the Centre would spoil India’s relations with neighbours.
Asked about the speculation of the BJP gaining in UP, he told reporters that “it was the SP who had once stopped the BJP’s march in UP and it will happen again”. “People of UP will stop him (Modi) from becoming PM,” he said.