Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday appeared to be defending Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra, accusing BJP of blowing the issue of land deals out of proportion and attacked Narendra Modi saying his name meant “Model of Dividing India”.
Yadav, without naming anyone, said the issue was being raised by BJP as an attempt to distract the attention of the people from other things, an apparent reference to the BJP questioning the land deals by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
“BJP is unnecessarily blowing the land issue out of proportion. This is not a big thing. Which party does not give land to companies to set up project for the development of the area when it comes to power. By creating hype over the issue, BJP is distracting the attention of the people from other things,” he said, without naming anyone, while addressing an election rally at Jaidpur.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Though, he said rules have been framed for land acquisition in the state and no one can forcibly acquired the land nor it can be auctioned for recovery of debt.
Attacking BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Yadav said, “you don’t know the full form of Modi. It is ‘Model of Dividing India’ and Modi wants to divide the country on the caste and religious lines.”
He claimed Modi was made the Prime Ministerial candidate due to pressures from Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, but his intention would never be fulfilled.
“Only propaganda of Modi was being done and in reality BJP was nowhere,” he alleged.
Yadav, who is also the SP state President, challenged BJP to tell that apart from the five states, where they are in power, how many seats they would win in West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and other states.
He also stressed that the possibility of formation of Third Front government was strong after last three phases of polling were over.
“Gujarat model was being discussed throughout the country, whereas it has nothing as such. As compared to Gujarat, more development was taking place in UP. Within two years unemployment allowance was given, arrangement of free education was made and laptops were distributed. The government was providing fund for free treatment of poor from its own resources,” he claimed.
The CM said that children of rural areas, who used to feel afraid of English, now feel comfortable after getting laptops.
“SP paid much attention on education. So much money would have not been spent in Gujarat on welfare schemes. Gujarat has no model of its own,” he claimed.
In the rally organised in weaver dominated area, Akhilesh said that a separate package would be announced for them after Lok Sabha elections.
He said that like Kisan bazars, separate markets would be provided for the products of weavers.