Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Sunday said the final call on NCP’s alliance with the Congress for the forthcoming Assembly elections would be decided by party chief Sharad Pawar.
To a query pointing towards public statements of Congress leaders such as Patangrao Kadam and Prateek Patil about severing ties with the NCP in the wake of the alliance’s poor show in the Lok Sabha elections, Pawar said only the NCP chief would take a call on whether to keep the ties intact or not, adding that he had nothing to say on the matter.
The Congress-NCP combine managed to win only six Lok Sabha seats in Maharashtra out of the total 48.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Meanwhile, Pawar said a group of officials from the city police, civic bodies and private contractors concerned would be formed soon for implementation of CCTV cameras in both Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad.
He issued an order to this effect on Sunday. Pawar was on his first official tour to Pune since the Lok Sabha election results.
Pawar, who chaired a meeting to oversee the status of installation of CCTV cameras here, also asked officials to take a review of the work every fortnight.