BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Saturday attacked Rahul Gandhi for attacking his ideology and said the “shehzaada’s parivaar” had never been able to come to terms with it. Speaking at a rally in Baghpat, the LS seat held by RLD chief Ajit Singh, Modi also hit out at the Cabinet minister for ignoring the plight of sugarcane farmers in the area, and not following the footsteps of his famous father Choudhary Charan Singh.
Addressing an impressive gathering, Modi said, “The shehzaada recently said in response to a journalist’s question, that Modi is not an insaan (individual) but an ideology. Yes, I was born out of an ideology.
I am proud of my ideology. The ideology is Bharat Mata sab kuch hai (country and its interests are supreme) . He is not capable of fighting against this ideology. Your (the Gandhi family) parivaar has never been able to counter this ideology.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Taking a jibe at Ajit Singh’s Civil Aviation portfolio, Modi said Baghpat did not need an “udta hua neta but a zamini neta (Baghpat doesn’t need a high flying minister)”. “How long have you not being given money for your sugarcane? Choudhary Charan Singh left the Congress and became a pain in the neck for them. He fought for farmers.
But here is a man who went and sat in the lap of those his father fought against. When a son shuns his father’s path, society must shun him. If he was a zamini neta (grassroots leader), roads would not be so bad. Looking at them, who will believe that this is the 21st century,” he said.
Modi also spoke of Baghpat’s contribution to the 1857 war against the British and said, “At that time, we were fighting against foreigners, 2014 is against the Congress. If 1857 was for kamal and roti, 2014 is for kamal and Modi.”
Modi also reached out to servicemen in his speech, accusing the Congress of going back on its word on “one rank-one pension”. “The Congress has gone on promising, but has done nothing. If Vajpayee had been given another term in 2004, the problem would have been solved years ago.
Here, Pakistan is taking away our soldiers’ heads, and at the same time their Prime Minister is being called and served chicken biryani. They did not even have the courage to tell the Pakistan PM that this was not the time to come (when the incident took place). Lal Bahadur Shastri gave the slogan Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan. Their slogan seems to be Mar Jawan Mar Kisan,” he said.