BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Saturday attacked Rahul Gandhi for attacking his ideology and said the “shehzaada’s parivaar” had never been able to come to terms with it. Speaking at a rally in Baghpat, the LS seat held by RLD chief Ajit Singh, Modi also hit out at the Cabinet minister for ignoring the plight of sugarcane farmers in the area, and not following the footsteps of his famous father Choudhary Charan Singh.
Addressing an impressive gathering, Modi said, “The shehzaada recently said in response to a journalist’s question, that Modi is not an insaan (individual) but an ideology. Yes, I was born out of an ideology.
I am proud of my ideology. The ideology is Bharat Mata sab kuch hai (country and its interests are supreme) . He is not capable of fighting against this ideology. Your (the Gandhi family) parivaar has never been able to counter this ideology.”
Taking a jibe at Ajit Singh’s Civil Aviation portfolio, Modi said Baghpat did not need an “udta hua neta but a zamini neta (Baghpat doesn’t need a high flying minister)”. “How long have you not being given money for your sugarcane? Choudhary Charan Singh left the Congress and became a pain in the neck for them. He fought for farmers.
But here is a man who went and sat in the lap of those his father fought against. When a son shuns his father’s path, society must shun him. If he was a zamini neta (grassroots leader), roads would not be so bad. Looking at them, who will believe that this is the 21st century,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Modi also spoke of Baghpat’s contribution to the 1857 war against the British and said, “At that time, we were fighting against foreigners, 2014 is against the Congress. If 1857 was for kamal and roti, 2014 is for kamal and Modi.”
Modi also reached out to servicemen in his speech, accusing the Congress of going back on its word on “one rank-one pension”. “The Congress has gone on promising, but has done nothing. If Vajpayee had been given another term in 2004, the problem would have been solved years ago.
Here, Pakistan is taking away our soldiers’ heads, and at the same time their Prime Minister is being called and served chicken biryani. They did not even have the courage to tell the Pakistan PM that this was not the time to come (when the incident took place). Lal Bahadur Shastri gave the slogan Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan. Their slogan seems to be Mar Jawan Mar Kisan,” he said.