Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde always chose to travel in his Toyota Lexus and would buy a new car of the same brand and colour — white — every three years. But on Tuesday, he was being driven in a Maruti SX4 car when he met with the fatal accident in Delhi.
Munde had told The Indian Express earlier this year that he preferred the Lexus as he found it safe and comfortable. “I suffered a serious neck injury after a stage on which I was sitting collapsed. Since then I have had problems with my neck and cannot move it normally. So I only use the Lexus which is the biggest car in the segment and is comfortable for someone with my condition,” Munde had said.
He had said he had been using the same brand of car for the past 12 years. “This is the third or fourth car of the same brand that I am using. I change it every three years,” Munde had said. He was known to use the vehicle to criss-cross the entire state.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Over the past few years, Munde had faced some serious accidents which affected his mobility. Apart from the stage collapse accident in the 1990s, he fractured an arm in a road accident in 2007 when his vehicle went off the road in an attempt to save a child at Parli.