The All India Congress Committee has suspended its eight legislators in Nagaland for defying the party directives and principles by joining the Naga People’s Front-led DAN Government under the leadership of T R Zeliang.
The suspension orders came within 24 hours of the swearing-in ceremony of Congress legislators into the DAN government held on Friday.
Newly-appointed ad-hoc president of Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC), K Therie, on Sunday confirmed that all of the Congress legislators in the state have been placed under suspension since Saturday.
- West Bengal govt to foil attempts to divide people, says Mamata Banerjee
- Chennai Singhams beat Kerala Cobras in Premier Futsal
- No decision on 'one family, one ticket' yet, says Shinde
- 21 eateries sealed in Delhi's Haus Khaz village
- Oumar Niasse at the double as Everton beat Bournemouth 2-1
- Chantal Blaak takes women's gold as Netherlands ride a perfect race
The suspension order was issued by AICC general secretary in-charge of North East, V Narayanasamy.
They(MLAs) have been asked to explain within seven days as to why the party high command should not sanction any disciplinary actions against them for joining the DAN government, and thereby, “sailing together with sworn-enemies”, BJP.
Congress legislature party leader, Tokheho Yepthomi had been inducted as Minister for Public Health Engineering while former Pradesh Congress president S I Jamir was appointed as advisor for Urban Development Department with cabinet status.
Five other Congress MLAs were assigned with different departments as Parliamentary Secretaries of TR Zeliang ministry. After the Congress MLAs joined the DAN government, there is no opposition MLA in the Nagaland assembly.