A reshuffle of the All India Congress Committee(AICC) set up is likely next month after an informal group led by A K Antony will submit its report to Congress President Sonia Gandhi after July 6, on the reasons for the party’s debacle in the recent Lok Sabha polls.
The reshuffle of the AICC could be the first major shake up exercise the party could take up after its worst ever performance in Lok Sabha election, which saw its tally reduced to a mere 44, party sources said.
The informal group set up by Congress President Sonia Gandhi, which has, besides Antony, AICC general secretary Mukul Wasnik and secretaries RC Khuntia and Avinash Pandey as members, was expected to wind up its exercise this month end, they said.
However, the panel is now expected to complete the job by July 6 after which a report will be submitted to the party President. It has already held consultations with leaders from Delhi, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and West Bengal.
Sonia Gandhi, who was authorised by the apex decision making body of the party Congress Working Committee last month to take whatever steps she deemed necessary to revamp the party, will take a call on the reshuffle in AICC after Antony committee submits its report.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gandhi had said “unless we undertake some structural changes, we will not be able to meet the serious challenges we face” as the CWC meeting last month authorised her to carry out a “thorough revamp” at all levels.
The CWC resolution had pledged to the millions of Congress workers that it will create within the party opportunities and structures that will pave way for a “thorough revamp of the organisation at all levels”.
There is also a buzz regarding the possibility of holding a ‘Chintan Shivir (brain-storming camp)’ but no date has been finalised as yet.
The exercise is likely to happen only after a reshuffle of the AICC.
“A number of young faces are likely to come up after the reshuffle. Some sort of change has happen after Lok Sabha polls results.
“There are a number of general secretaries, who have been serving for a decade or more. Some of them may go,” said an AICC functionary speaking on the condition of anonymity.
The party was toying up with the idea of a change of guard in Maharashtra, Haryana and Assam but it appears to have been put on a back burner now.