- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, 94 FIRs registered against political parties
In the run up to the Lok Sabha polls, a total of 94 FIRs have been registered against political parties, including 13 against BJP, 10 against Congress and eight against AAP for violating the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) till Tuesday.
“Most of the FIRs are registered for defacement of public and private properties,” an election officer said, adding that 57 FIRs are registered against other political outfits.
Taking action against defacement of property, the Delhi Election Commission has so far removed 628 hoardings from public property till date, out of which 20 were removed on Monday while a total of 86 FIRs were lodged for defacement.
A total of 88 hoardings were removed from private properties and seven FIRs have been lodged for defacement of Private property.
Police have taken 14,499 persons under section 65 of Delhi Police Act. Besides that, a total of 1,306 persons have been booked against whom preventive action under various sections of CrPC have been initiated.
So far 123 licensed arms are deposited and 20 arms impounded by police.
A total of 297 persons are bound down under preventive sections of CrPC.
The EC has also seized liquor in large quantity. So far 1,047 full bottles, 531 halfs and 42,281 quarters of country
liquor have been seized. Likewise, 433 full bottles, 99 halfs and 7,863 quarters of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) have been seized.