In the run up to the Lok Sabha polls, a total of 94 FIRs have been registered against political parties, including 13 against BJP, 10 against Congress and eight against AAP for violating the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) till Tuesday.
“Most of the FIRs are registered for defacement of public and private properties,” an election officer said, adding that 57 FIRs are registered against other political outfits.
Taking action against defacement of property, the Delhi Election Commission has so far removed 628 hoardings from public property till date, out of which 20 were removed on Monday while a total of 86 FIRs were lodged for defacement.
A total of 88 hoardings were removed from private properties and seven FIRs have been lodged for defacement of Private property.
Police have taken 14,499 persons under section 65 of Delhi Police Act. Besides that, a total of 1,306 persons have been booked against whom preventive action under various sections of CrPC have been initiated.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
So far 123 licensed arms are deposited and 20 arms impounded by police.
A total of 297 persons are bound down under preventive sections of CrPC.
The EC has also seized liquor in large quantity. So far 1,047 full bottles, 531 halfs and 42,281 quarters of country
liquor have been seized. Likewise, 433 full bottles, 99 halfs and 7,863 quarters of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) have been seized.