- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
After the end of 7th phase, high turnout in all states; Sikkim, Nagaland lag behind
After the end of the 7th phase of Lok Sabha elections, almost all the states have witnessed high voter turnout. However, as compared to the 2009 general elections, only Sikkim and Nagaland have recorded a decrease in polling percentage this year. Here is an interactive map with details of polling percentage.
While Sikkim recorded 83.75 per cent voter turnout in 2009, the polling percentage in 2014 could reach only 80.96 in 2014 elections. Similarly Nagaland is showing a decrease of 1.33 per cent voter turnout this year.