Dr Manmohan Singh, who served as the Prime Minister of India for as long as 10 years, is on his way out. The economist politician has even been given farewell by both PMO staff and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. And now, his party wants the people of the country to thank him for whatever he has done as the leader of the nation for a decade.
For this, the Congress party has launched a special page, titled ‘THANK DR SINGH’, on its website, inviting people to sign a card to express gratitude towards the Prime Minister.
The page seeks responses from people with a mention – “He has given India 10 years of growth. Sign this card to say thanks.” It further says: “Thank Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for what he has done for India by signing this card”.
The procedure for signing the card has been kept very simple, as one needs to just fill in his/her name and email id.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It also features an image of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi. Sonia is seen holding a bouquet of red roses in hand. And in the background is young Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia, sporting a smile.
This card, with a picture of Manmohan and Rahul, has been launched by the party a day after Sonia’s farewell dinner for the Prime Minister, which was given a miss by the Congress vice president. Rahul has come under criticism from several quarters for skipping the dinner party that was attended by all big faces of the Congress party.