Dr Manmohan Singh, who served as the Prime Minister of India for as long as 10 years, is on his way out. The economist politician has even been given farewell by both PMO staff and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. And now, his party wants the people of the country to thank him for whatever he has done as the leader of the nation for a decade.
For this, the Congress party has launched a special page, titled ‘THANK DR SINGH’, on its website, inviting people to sign a card to express gratitude towards the Prime Minister.
The page seeks responses from people with a mention – “He has given India 10 years of growth. Sign this card to say thanks.” It further says: “Thank Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for what he has done for India by signing this card”.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The procedure for signing the card has been kept very simple, as one needs to just fill in his/her name and email id.
It also features an image of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi. Sonia is seen holding a bouquet of red roses in hand. And in the background is young Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia, sporting a smile.
This card, with a picture of Manmohan and Rahul, has been launched by the party a day after Sonia’s farewell dinner for the Prime Minister, which was given a miss by the Congress vice president. Rahul has come under criticism from several quarters for skipping the dinner party that was attended by all big faces of the Congress party.