The BJP on Sunday distanced itself from the “Har Har Modi” slogan raised by its supporters in Varanasi and said its official slogan was “Ab ki baar, Modi sarkaar” (It’s time for Modi government).
“It has come to our notice that in a few television channels there are discussions on ‘Har Har Modi’ as if it is a BJP ‘nara’ (slogan),” party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said in a statement.
She said the BJP slogan is “Ab ki baar, Modi sarkaar.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
As Hindu seers and opposition parties objected to ‘Har Har Modi’ slogan, Narendra Modi himself asked his supporters not to use it. “Some enthusiastic supporters have been using the slogan ‘Har Har Modi’. I respect their enthusiasm, but request them not to use this slogan in the future,” Modi tweeted.
Earlier, Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth Swaroopanand Saraswati had objected to the slogan and registered a protest with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat asking him to stop such “vyakti puja” (eulogising of individual). “In his reply, Bhagwat claimed that RSS is always against worship of an individual. He also claimed that such chanting is done out of over enthusiasm by some supporters, and it is not an intentional effort by BJP,” said Swaroopanand.
However, he was unconvinced by the explanation. “If RSS doesn’t endorse worship of an individual then why it has not done anything to stop such activities?…Why Modi is not opposing it from the very first moment,” he asked. “People say that no one can stop Modi. But, if such activities continue, God will stop him,” said Swaroopanand.
He pointed out an instance of “deification” of Modi in Chhattisgarh.
“Some youth BJP leaders in Chhattisgarh removed a ‘shivling’ from the temple and installed Narendra Modi’s photo. They must refrain from indulging in vyakti puja,” Swaroopanand Saraswati said.
Political parties like Samajwadi Party and Congress have also protested against BJP’s slogan ‘Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi’, saying it disrespected Lord Shiva.