BJP on Saturday hit out at the Election Commission for allowing Rahul Gandhi to hold a road show in a Varanasi area where Narendra Modi was refused permission for a rally, saying it was done for “political reasons”.
BJP leader Arun Jaitley termed it as a “big blot” on the electoral process that a Prime Ministerial candidate was not allowed to hold a rally in his area.
“The (Rahul Gandhi) roadshow is happening at a place where we were denied permission for holding a rally. This proves that there was no security reason and it was because of political reasons we were now allowed to hold the rally,” he told reporters.
He said the “Election Commission has to live with the fact that the whatever security reasons are there in Beniabagh, only apply to the BJP and not to the other parties.”
Jaitley was reacting to the Rahul Gandhi road show in Varanasi. “Rahul ji can hold 50 roadshows. No issue. But denying us permission and allowing him is wrong,” party spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
BJP leader Muktar Abbas Naqvi said in a tweet, “Rahul’s farewell road show is happening in the area where Modi ji was not allowed to hold a rally. One more biased conduct of Varanasi RO.”
Days after Narendra Modi took on Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, the Congress Vice President retaliated by campaigning on the last day in this temple town, where the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate is in the fray.
Modi had addressed a rally in Amethi, where Rahul has been challenged by BJP’s Smriti Irani, on the last day of
campaigning there on May 5 and had made a stinging attack on the Gandhi family.