After locking in a six-party alliance for the Lok Sabha election in Tamil Nadu scheduled for April 24, the BJP aims at utilising ‘Modi wave’ in the state and will soon finalise a strategy in this direction.
“We will hold a meeting on March 24 in which our General Secretary P Muralidhar Rao will participate. We will be deciding on holding Modi’s public rallies in Tamil Nadu in consultation with allies,” state unit BJP president Pon.
BJP, which drew a blank in the last two parliamentary elections in Tamil Nadu, hopes to reverse the trend this time around, seeking to cash in on the ‘Modi wave.’
The party is confident of putting up a better show in constituencies like Coimbatore, Kanyakumari and Nilagiri (SC) and it intends to invite Modi to address rallies, possibly in all these or at least one of these constituencies.
The Gujarat Chief Minister’s two public rallies in September last at Tiruchirappalli and February this year in Chennai, had drawn impressive turnouts, quite uncharacteristic for a BJP leader in the state.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
BJP had sealed its seat-sharing agreement with DMDK, PMK, MDMK, IJK and KMDK on Thursday. It also has the support of 39 small outfits.