After Aam Aadmi Party workers staged a protest outside the BJP headquarters in New Delhi, workers of the two parties clashed at several places including the national capital, Lucknow, Allahabad and part of Gujarat. The trigger for the AAP protests was the detention of party leader Arvind Kejriwal during his Gujarat roadshow.
Around 20 AAP supporters marched towards the BJP headquarters in Lucknow following which clashes took place between the two sides.
In a late night conference AAP leader Prashant Bhushan claimed that the BJP supporters had attacked AAP workers who were protesting peacefully in Delhi. He, however, apologised for some retaliatory stone throwing by AAP workers.
In Gujarat, there were reports that the car Kejriwal was using for his roadshow was damaged. “Attackers threw a stick on Kejriwal’s car due to which the windshield was damaged,” said former BJP MLA and AAP leader Kanu Kalsaria. “Everybody knows that they are BJP workers,” he claimed.
AAP Gujarat convener Sukhdev Patel claimed hundreds of people greeted Kejriwal during his day-long visit. Kejriwal was on Gujarat tour to “verify” the claims of development in the Narendra Modi-led state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016