After Aam Aadmi Party workers staged a protest outside the BJP headquarters in New Delhi, workers of the two parties clashed at several places including the national capital, Lucknow, Allahabad and part of Gujarat. The trigger for the AAP protests was the detention of party leader Arvind Kejriwal during his Gujarat roadshow.
Around 20 AAP supporters marched towards the BJP headquarters in Lucknow following which clashes took place between the two sides.
In a late night conference AAP leader Prashant Bhushan claimed that the BJP supporters had attacked AAP workers who were protesting peacefully in Delhi. He, however, apologised for some retaliatory stone throwing by AAP workers.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
In Gujarat, there were reports that the car Kejriwal was using for his roadshow was damaged. “Attackers threw a stick on Kejriwal’s car due to which the windshield was damaged,” said former BJP MLA and AAP leader Kanu Kalsaria. “Everybody knows that they are BJP workers,” he claimed.
AAP Gujarat convener Sukhdev Patel claimed hundreds of people greeted Kejriwal during his day-long visit. Kejriwal was on Gujarat tour to “verify” the claims of development in the Narendra Modi-led state.