As the news of AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal’s arrest broke out, his residence was suddenly abuzz with activity with a host of top leaders rushing to Patiala House court complex where the AAP supremo was sent to judicial custody. The former Delhi Chief Minister left for the Patiala House court- barely 250 meters from his house on Tilak Lane – at around 3.50 PM in his blue Wagon-R along with few volunteers and party leader Sanjay Singh.
As the news of his arrest broke out at around 4.00 PM, a battery of leaders- Political Affairs Committee (PAC) members Sanjay Singh and Gopal Rai, party spokesperson Ashutosh and Nagender Sharma, Delhi unit office bearers Ashish Talwar and Dilip Pandey- rushed to the court. “He (Kejriwal) has not flouted any law neither has be committed any henious crime. He has simply refused to furnish the bond of Rs 10,000. Its our way of fighting against corruption and if we have to pay the price for it this way, so be it,” party spokesperson Ashutosh said, adding that the party had not thought about this.
Kejriwal was arrested and sent to Tihar Jail till May 23 by a Delhi court after he refused to furnish bail bond in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari. The AAP leader’s wife Sunita Kejriwal, along with senior party leader and Kejriwal’s close friend Manish Sisodia also rushed to the court in a few minutes.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources said that his wife carried Kejriwal’s clothes and medicines for two days during his stay in the Tihar jail. The AAP leader is also a diabetic patient. “Arvind Sir (Kejriwal) wanted to practice ‘vipassana’ for sometime. Now he will make full use of these days,” quipped an AAP volunteer outside Kejriwal’s house. He was referring to Kejriwal’s wish of going on ‘vipassana’.