As the news of AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal’s arrest broke out, his residence was suddenly abuzz with activity with a host of top leaders rushing to Patiala House court complex where the AAP supremo was sent to judicial custody. The former Delhi Chief Minister left for the Patiala House court- barely 250 meters from his house on Tilak Lane – at around 3.50 PM in his blue Wagon-R along with few volunteers and party leader Sanjay Singh.
As the news of his arrest broke out at around 4.00 PM, a battery of leaders- Political Affairs Committee (PAC) members Sanjay Singh and Gopal Rai, party spokesperson Ashutosh and Nagender Sharma, Delhi unit office bearers Ashish Talwar and Dilip Pandey- rushed to the court. “He (Kejriwal) has not flouted any law neither has be committed any henious crime. He has simply refused to furnish the bond of Rs 10,000. Its our way of fighting against corruption and if we have to pay the price for it this way, so be it,” party spokesperson Ashutosh said, adding that the party had not thought about this.
Kejriwal was arrested and sent to Tihar Jail till May 23 by a Delhi court after he refused to furnish bail bond in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari. The AAP leader’s wife Sunita Kejriwal, along with senior party leader and Kejriwal’s close friend Manish Sisodia also rushed to the court in a few minutes.
Sources said that his wife carried Kejriwal’s clothes and medicines for two days during his stay in the Tihar jail. The AAP leader is also a diabetic patient. “Arvind Sir (Kejriwal) wanted to practice ‘vipassana’ for sometime. Now he will make full use of these days,” quipped an AAP volunteer outside Kejriwal’s house. He was referring to Kejriwal’s wish of going on ‘vipassana’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More