Rajasthan BJP on Thursday escalated pressure on a sulking party MLA Shiv Manvendra Singh, son of expelled leader Jaswant Singh, asking him to quit the party or face disciplinary action and disqualification proceedings for alleged anti-party activities.
“Manvendra Singh, who is campaigning against the official candidate of the party Sona Ram in Barmer Lok Sabha seat should first quit the party on moral grounds as it amounts to anti-party activities or face disciplinary action soon,” state BJP vice president Onkar Singh Lakhawat told reporters.
Manvendra, who is son of expelled BJP leader and rebel candidate in Barmer, Jaswant Singh, has been attending his father’s meetings against the party’s official candidate.
“BJP is keeping all options open against Manvendra Singh. It will write to Assembly speaker for his disqualification, or expel him from the party as Manvendra and his father Jaswant are speaking openly against the party’s ideology and working for the last one week,” Lakhawat said.
“Manvendra is virtually violating the party’s guidelines and principles by attending his father’s meeting against the party’s official candidate, which amounts to gross indiscipline,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Party was expecting a report from the district unit and take decision in respect of Manvendra’s alleged activities in the election process soon, the BJP leader added. When contacted, Manvendra told PTI, “I don’t want to give any statement on this issue.”