After facing all round condemnation from political parties and the civil society over attempts to force feed a fasting Muslim caterer in New Delhi’s Maharashtra Sadan, the Shiv Sena has chosen to take a belligerent stand and on Thursday asked why it was being targeted and why questions were not raised when some Muslim men rape women in Ramzan.
“Why is there an unnecessary controversy being created over a chapati while no one raises a voice over the rapes committed by some Muslims during the holy month of Ramzan. People understand all this. The media and certain parties and politicians are ok with rape but not with chapatis,” an edit in the Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.
The edit lists the recent rape instances in Afghanistan and Banglaore which it claims were committed by Muslims.
“The media and the selfish politicians who are crying themselves hoarse about the incident do not see the rape of a 10-year old by a Maulvi during the holy month of Ramazaan in Afghanistan. The media does not speak then, nor questions are raised In parliament, and neither cries of sensitivities being hurt, are raised. In Bangalore, a Muslim teacher while fasting recently raped a little girl. Why does the media and the selfish politicians not speak about these incidents,” the edit further states.
The Shiv Sena has maintained that its MPs were only raising their voice against the bad management and catering service at Maharashtra Sadan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It was not written on a man’s forehead as to which religion, caste or creed he belonged too. He turned out to be a Muslim. We came to know that he was observing his fast and reports started spreading that the Sainiks tried to break the fast of a Muslim,” the edit further states.
The edit said the party was not indulging in hooliganism but was agitating. It added that the canteen caterer inspite of taking cash payment served unpalatable stuff and chapatis which are like rubber. It goes on to blame the Chief Minister and Maharashtra Sadan Resident Commissioner Bipin Malik for the poor conditions at the Sadan.
“In reality, this Chapati should have should have been thrust down the throats of the Chief Minister, PWD minister, Chief Secretary and Bipin Mallick who is Maharashtra’s representative in Delhi. Why this brouhaha after we took a Chapati close to the caterer’s mouth and told him a bit sternly that he should eat for himself and realize how unpalatable is the food,” the edit states.
The edit goes on to say that the Sena is not against any religion but has also threatened that the Sena will not tolerate any moves of getting political mileage through religion.
“We treat all religions equally. Everyone should keep their religion at home and in their hearts. Personal faith is a different thing but if if this faith is going to be used for scoring political points and defame the Shiv Sena then people should realize that they have to deal with the Shiv Sena,” the edit said.