Two Days after his group, the Indian Political Action Committee or I-PAC, put out a denial on Twitter, a source close to Prashant Kishor on Monday told The Indian Express that the master political strategist would indeed run the election campaign for Punjab Congress president, Capt Amarinder Singh. “A decision has been taken and Prashant will be strategising for Amarinder,” said the source, adding, “It should be clear that he will be running the poll campaign for Amarinder and not for the Congress.”
The decision has been taken after a few meetings between Amarinder and Kishor. “In Punjab, it will be a battle between AK (Arvind Kejriwal) and PK (Prashant Kishor),” the source said. The strategist is expected to visit Punjab for 2-3 days in mid-February for an early assessment.
- Congress minus Captain is Navjot Singh Sidhu camp’s rider
- Congress backs Capt Amarinder, says Kishor has ‘no role’ in party matters
- Congress suspends Bir Devinder, its strategist placates him
- Khadoor Sahib: Turmoil in Congress over contesting bypoll
- Despite new Bihar role, Kishor likely to manage Capt Amarinder Singh's campaign
- 2017 Punjab Assembly polls: Amarinder goes to Nitish’s strategist
“AAP is no challenge for us. We will win this election,” said the source adding that Kishor would spend hundreds of hours in Punjab in the coming days. “Prashant does not do consulting. He just executes and he is excited to be there,” the source said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
His team is also expected to tour Punjab between the end of February and the first week of March. “We have an elaborate set up. Although he has made it amply clear that he does not carry his team but sets it up in the state where he is the poll manager,” the source said.
On whether Prashant has been given a free hand by the Congress high command, the source said, “It is for Amarinder to answer. He knows how he would handle his party. Prashant just needs a free hand and he has been assured that”.
On AAP’s chances in Punjab, the source said, “AAP does not pose even one per cent challenge. Just wait and watch”.