Two Days after his group, the Indian Political Action Committee or I-PAC, put out a denial on Twitter, a source close to Prashant Kishor on Monday told The Indian Express that the master political strategist would indeed run the election campaign for Punjab Congress president, Capt Amarinder Singh. “A decision has been taken and Prashant will be strategising for Amarinder,” said the source, adding, “It should be clear that he will be running the poll campaign for Amarinder and not for the Congress.”
The decision has been taken after a few meetings between Amarinder and Kishor. “In Punjab, it will be a battle between AK (Arvind Kejriwal) and PK (Prashant Kishor),” the source said. The strategist is expected to visit Punjab for 2-3 days in mid-February for an early assessment.
- Congress minus Captain is Navjot Singh Sidhu camp’s rider
- Congress backs Capt Amarinder, says Kishor has ‘no role’ in party matters
- Congress suspends Bir Devinder, its strategist placates him
- Khadoor Sahib: Turmoil in Congress over contesting bypoll
- Despite new Bihar role, Kishor likely to manage Capt Amarinder Singh's campaign
- 2017 Punjab Assembly polls: Amarinder goes to Nitish’s strategist
“AAP is no challenge for us. We will win this election,” said the source adding that Kishor would spend hundreds of hours in Punjab in the coming days. “Prashant does not do consulting. He just executes and he is excited to be there,” the source said.
His team is also expected to tour Punjab between the end of February and the first week of March. “We have an elaborate set up. Although he has made it amply clear that he does not carry his team but sets it up in the state where he is the poll manager,” the source said.
On whether Prashant has been given a free hand by the Congress high command, the source said, “It is for Amarinder to answer. He knows how he would handle his party. Prashant just needs a free hand and he has been assured that”.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
On AAP’s chances in Punjab, the source said, “AAP does not pose even one per cent challenge. Just wait and watch”.