After the videoconference chai pe charcha, where Narendra Modi interacted with tea sellers across the country, the BJP prime ministerial candidate is set to communicate again, this time with farmers.
A senior BJP member said during kisano se charcha, Modi would interact with farmers at 1,500 locations across the country, including 24 in Bengal. The West Bengal locations will include Asansol, Barrackpore, Burdwan, Durgapur, Howrah, Jalpaiguri, Kharagpur, Kolkata and Siliguri. In Kolkata alone, there will be five spots — Brabourne Road, Behala, Khakurdah Road and the remaining two at Kankinara.
“On March 20, the programme is scheduled from 5 pm to 7 pm,” he said, adding that the idea would be to carry out a one-on-one conversation focussing on farmer problems and also share the BJP plans that they wish to execute, if they come to power following the Lok Sabha polls. “Modi will discuss at length why prices of fertiliser and farm equipment shot up and will apprise them of what the BJP intended to do to bring prices down and ensure maximum profit for farmers,” the BJP member added.
Senior BJP leader Shamik Bhattacharya said Modi is equally at ease talking to industrialists and farmers. “I think the message he wants to deliver is that the agriculture sector is being ignored. Farmers are being deceived and deprived, which leads to a rising number of their suicides. Modi will talk to them about ways to ensure a sustained agricultural growth so that they get economic uplift,” he said.
BJP MP Shahnawaz Hussain said, “No one seems to be bothered about the problems the farmers of the country are facing. Modi will talk to them and instil confidence in them. He will tell them how bright the future of agricultural will be after the BJP forms the government.”
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation